Here are some more links about "don't ask, don't tell":
- Google has a timeline of the debate, starting in 1993.
- Center for Military Readiness President Elaine Donnelly opposes repeal.
- The New York Times published an editorial advocating the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell.
- Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Colin Powell now favors repeal.
- Retired Navy Capt. Joan E. Darrah, who served 29½ years as a naval intelligence officer and was chief of staff and deputy commander at the Office of Naval Intelligence, describes her experiences under "don't ask, don't tell."